Applicants should NEVER purchase tickets prior to receipt of their passport with visa. We cannot expedite the pick-up of visas on the basis of pre-purchased tickets. The TNT pick-up location or home delivery address can be changed at any time prior to 11:59 p.m. on the day before the interview at the Embassy.
Dear applicants, please be informed that starting October 27th 2014 we are launching а Home Delivery services. This new, premium service may be selected by applicants, and your documents and passport will be shipped back directly to your home/office. More information about the new delivery services you can find on the following address.
Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa application fees for certain visa categories will change on September 12, 2014. All visa applicants must pay the fee amounts in effect on the day they pay, with the exception of Immigrant Visa application processing fees paid domestically to the National Visa Center (NVC), which will be effective as of the date of billing. Fees that will decrease are not refundable. If you paid a visa fee before September 12, 2014 and that fee decreased, we cannot give you a refund. Fees that will increase (nonimmigrant fees only): Visa fees paid will be accepted 90 days after the new fees go into effect, as follows:
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or before December 11, 2014, you do not have to pay the difference between the new and old fee amounts.
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or after December 12, 2014, you will be required to pay the difference between the old and new fee amounts – no exceptions.
You may find a full list of U.S. visa fees by clicking here.
Welcome to the U.S. Visa Information Service for Bulgaria. On this website you can find information about U.S. immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and the requirements to apply for each. You can also learn how to pay the required visa application fee, and book an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Sofia.
This is the official visa information website of the U.S. Mission in Bulgaria.
Nonimmigrant Visa Information
- Visa Types
- Visa Fees
- Bank and Payment Options
- DS-160 Information
- Appointment Wait Times
- Photos and Fingerprints
- Visa Waiver Program
- Security Regulations
Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Apply for a Visa
- Pay My Visa Fee
- Complete My DS-160
- Schedule My Appointment
- Change Document Delivery Address
- Track & Retrieve My Passport
- Apply for an Expedited Appointment
- Waiver of Personal Appearance for Qualified Visa Applicants – Drop-Box
- Application Pending Further Action
Immigrant Visa Information
Local Visa Programs
- Travel Coordinator
- Crew Visa Program
- Group Appointments
- Diplomatic and Government Officials
- Visas for Applicants under 14 and over 80
- Bulgaria SWT Program