Important messages for applicants:
* Applicants seeking a visa from the U.S. Mission in Germany are welcome to apply at any of the visa-processing posts: U.S. Embassy Berlin, U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt, or U.S. Consulate General Munich. Please choose whichever location is most convenient for you, whether deciding based upon proximity or appointment availability. You may click on the link below entitled “Appointment Wait Times” to see which post has a date most suitable to meet your travel plans. If you already filled out your DS 160 application form for a particular Embassy/Consulate and subsequently decide to schedule an appointment at a different location, we strongly suggest that you fill out a new DS 160 form for the appropriate Consulate in order to avoid technical problems and processing delays.
* Beginning in November 2016, Chinese citizens with 10-year B1, B2, or B1/B2 visas in a People's Republic of China passport will be required to enroll in the Electronic Visa Update System (EVUS). More information is available at www.cbp.gov/evus.
Visa Waver Program
If you are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program partner but have received notice that you are no longer eligible to travel to the United States under that program, you should apply for a nonimmigrant visa at least three months in advance of your desired travel. If you do not have imminent travel plans, you should pay the nonimmigrant visa application fee, fill out the DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application form at ceac.state.gov/genniv/, and schedule a visa appointment. If your travel is imminent, you may request an expedited visa appointment. Please include in your request the date and purpose of your travel, as well as a copy of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection message you received regarding your ESTA status.
Welcome to the U.S. Visa Information Service for Germany. On this website you can find information about U.S. immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and the requirements to apply for each. You can also learn how to pay the required visa application fee, and book a nonimmigrant interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin and the Consulates in Frankfurt and Munich.
This is the official visa information website of the U.S. Mission in Germany.
Nonimmigrant Visa Information
- Visa Types
- Visa Fees
- Payment Options
- DS-160 Information
- Appointment Wait Times
- Photos and Fingerprints
- Visa Waiver Program
- Security Regulations
Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Apply for a Visa
- Pay My Visa Fee
- Complete My DS-160
- Schedule My Appointment
- Change Document Delivery Address
- Track & Retrieve My Passport
- Apply for Expedited Visa Appointment
- Renew My Visa
- Application Pending Further Action
Immigrant Visa Information
Local Visa Programs
- Travel Coordinator
- Group Appointments
- Diplomatic and Government Officials
- Visas for Children and Senior Citizens