Apply for a U.S. Visa
On this page:
Each applicant, including children, must have their own Form DS-160 visa application. The Form DS-160 must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview at the Embassy or Consulate. The barcode number on the Form DS-160 confirmation page is required in order to book your interview. The Form DS-160 must be submitted online and the printed confirmation page must be brought to the interview. The Embassy or Consulate will not accept handwritten or typed applications and you will not be permitted to attend your interview without a Form DS-160 confirmation page.
When you sign your DS-160 electronically, you are certifying that all the information contained in it is true and correct. Misrepresenting any facts could render you ineligible to enter the United States. Please double-check that all your answers are accurate and that every question is answered completely.
Note: Any inquiries on completing the DS-160 will be addressed on the following website: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/frequently-asked-questions.html. We are unable to answer any questions or provide guidance on this process.
Guidelines for Completing the DS-160 Form
Complete and submit your DS-160 after reviewing the nonimmigrant visa application process. You must submit your DS-160 application online prior to making an appointment for an interview at the Consulate.
- The interview post you select at the beginning of the DS-160 form must be the same post where you schedule your interview appointment.
- All questions must be answered in English using English-language characters only, except when you are asked to provide your full name in your native alphabet.
- You are required to upload a photograph as a part of the DS-160 process. Detailed guidelines for taking and submitting a quality photograph are on the U.S. Department of State website here.
- If you stop working on the application for more than 20 minutes, your session will expire. You will have to start over, unless you have recorded your Application ID Number or have saved your application to a file on your computer. Write down the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page. If you need to close the browser before submitting your application, you will need this Application ID to continue your application.
- The completed DS-160 application form will generate an alpha-numeric barcode confirmation page. The printed confirmation page is required for the interview at the Embassy/Consulate.
- Once you have printed the barcode confirmation page, hit the "Back" button on your web browser and then email yourself a backup copy of the DS-160. The emailed file will be in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat to view or print.
- Important Reminder: A new DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form and associated barcode must be submitted with each and every new visa application. A DS-160 and barcode from a prior visa interview or drop-off service will be rejected and result in a delay of your visa application.
Any inquiries on completing the DS-160 can be addressed on the following website: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/frequently-asked-questions.html. We are unable to answer any questions or provide guidance on this process.
The DS-160 form is online here.