Interview Waiver Program for Business and Tourism (B1/B2)
Some visa applicants may not need to appear for a visa interview if they qualify for the Interview Waiver Program. If qualified, applicants only need to pay the visa application fee, fill out the visa application form, print out a Drop-Box Confirmation Letter, and drop off documents at the RPX Document Drop-off Location any weekday between 10am and 3pm. Applicants do not need to come in person to drop off their documents.
To qualify for the Interview Waiver Program, you must be able to answer "yes" to ALL of the following:
- I am an Indonesian passport holder.
- I was previously issued, in Jakarta or Surabaya, a full-validity B1/B2 visa* (a visa good for five years) on or after June 1, 2007.
*The visa must be issued in an Indonesian passport.
- I was 14 years of age or older at the time the previous visa was issued.
- I have all of my passports covering the entire period of time since I received the full-validity visa. (If your answer is yes, you are required to submit your current passport as well as the passport with the most recent U.S. visa).
- I have not been refused a U.S. visa in the last twelve months.
(NOTE: All previous visa refusals, even if later approved, must be disclosed on the DS-160 visa application.)
- I have never stayed in the U.S. longer than 6 months on a B1/B2 visa (even if the Department of Homeland Security approved the extension of stay).
- I have never been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even if subject of a pardon.
- All applicants must qualify on their own. Spouses, parents, or any other family member who does not satisfy the interview waiver program criteria will not be eligible for interview waiver. Those applicants must schedule a regular appointment.
- Children under 14 years of age whose parent(s) qualify for visa renewal through the Interview Waiver Program do not need to schedule a regular appointment (even if the child has never previously been issued a visa). The parent can simply pay the MRV fee and submit the completed application for each child under 14 at the same time they submit their own application. The parent must include the original birth certificate of each child, which will be returned along with the passport once the visa is issued.
- The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta and Consulate in Surabaya reserve the right to interview any applicant. If an interview is required, an Embassy or Consulate representative will contact the applicant.
If you drop off your documents for renewal but are not actually eligible for the Interview Waiver Program, your application will be placed on hold and you will be asked to schedule a regular appointment. Please make sure you are eligible for Interview Waiver Program based on the above criteria.