Interview Waiver Program for Business and Tourism (B1/B2)
Some visa applicants may not need to appear for a visa interview if they qualify for the Interview Waiver Program. If qualified, applicants only need to drop the required documents at the RPX Document Drop-off Location any weekday between 10am and 3pm. Applicants do not need to come in person to drop off their documents. This program will take 7-10 business days to complete.
To qualify for the Interview Waiver Program, you must be able to answer "YES" to ALL of the following:
- I am an Indonesian passport holder.
- I was previously issued, in Jakarta or Surabaya, a full-validity B1/B2 visa* (a visa good for five years) on or after June 1, 2007 *The visa must be issued in an Indonesian passport
- I was 14 years of age or older at the time the previous visa was issued
- I have all of my passports covering the entire period of time since I received the full-validity visa. (If your answer is yes, you are required to submit your current passport as well as the passport with the most recent U.S. visa. You may not use this program if you lost your previous passport that had a valid or expired U.S. visa)
- I have not been refused a U.S. visa in the last twelve months. (NOTE: All previous visa refusals, even if later approved, must be disclosed on the DS-160 visa application.)
- I have never stayed in the U.S. longer than 6 months on a B1/B2 visa (even if the Department of Homeland Security approved the extension of stay)
- I have never been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even if subject of a pardon.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, follow the steps below:
Complete the non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form; please see this link for the guidelines
Log in to our appointment system and create a profile. Once logged in, choose “Schedule Appointment”. As you go through the process you will answer the drop-box questions which will evaluate your eligibility to renew your visa through this program.
After you answer the questions, you will be prompted to pay and enter the visa application (MRV) fee. Please see this link for more information on how to pay your MRV fee. If you are eligible to apply for a visa through this program, you will be able to print out the “Drop Box Confirmation Letter”
Gather following documents and drop them off at the nearest RPX Document Drop-off Location any weekdays between 10am – 3pm. You do not need to come in person to drop off your documents.
- DS-160 Confirmation Page
- Current and prior passport containing your previous visa
- One photo size 5x5 cm taken within the last 6 months, please see this link for photo requirements
- Dropbox confirmation letter
- MRV or EFT Receipt
Additional documents for children under 14 years old
- Original birth Certificate
- Original current and old passport of one parent containing valid US visa
RPX courier will deliver your documents to the US Embassy Jakarta
At the end of the adjudication process, RPX courier will return your passports and documents at your chosen delivery address. If eligible, your passport will contain your visa. If not eligible to renew your visa through this program, you will receive a notification by e-mail.
- The U.S Embassy in Jakarta and Consulate in Surabaya reserve the right to interview any applicant. If an interview is required, an Embassy or Consulate representative will contact the applicant.
- If you drop off your documents for renewal but are not eligible for the Interview Waiver Program, your application will be placed on hold and you will be asked to schedule a regular appointment. Please make sure you are eligible for the Interview Waiver Program based on the above criteria. You should submit your application well in advance of your travel plans,
- If additional information or document is needed, you will be informed by email or phone. Please make sure the e-mail address in your application is valid and please check your e-mail regularly after you drop your application.
- Children under 14 years of age whose parent(s) qualify for visa renewal through the Interview Waiver Program do not need to schedule a regular appointment (even if the child has never previously been issued a visa). The parent can simply pay the MRV fee and submit the completed application for each child under 14 at the same time they submit their own application. The parent must include the original birth certificate of each child, which will be returned along with the passport once the visa is issued. In addition, children under 14 years of age whose parent(s) have valid B1/B2 visas do not need to schedule a regular appointment (even if the child has previously been issued a visa). The parent must pay the MRV fee and submit the application, include the child’s original birth certificate, and submit their own valid passport with valid U.S. B1/B2 visa.
- All applicants must qualify on their own. Spouses, parents, or any other family member unable to meet the interview waiver program criteria will not be eligible for interview waiver. Those applicants must schedule a regular appointment.
- You must be physically present in Indonesia. An application cannot be sent by international mail to be processed.