Apply for a U.S. Visa
K Visa Applicants
On this page:
The visa appointment system is intended for eligible applicants who have received notification that they must schedule an appointment.
Note: Currently applicable only for “K” visa class applicants.
Once you receive a notification that your fiancé visa case is now ready for final processing. Please carefully follow the interview preparation steps below.
Obtain your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office.(The validity of the PCC is one year from the date of issue. Please bring the new PCC if the one you have submitted has already expired.) Also note that if you have lived in any foreign country for more than a year after reaching the age of 16 years, you are also required to submit the PCC from that country. Applicants may also check the visa reciprocity table at http://www.travel.state.gov/.
Complete your medical examination with an approved panel physician from the list available for Mumbai Immigrant applicants at: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/immigrant_visas.html and for New Delhi Immigrant applicants at http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NWD%20-%20New%20Delhi.pdf.
The next step is to complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form. Be sure to read the Guidelines for Completing the DS-160 Form carefully. All information must be correct and accurate. Once the form is submitted, you cannot make any changes. If you need assistance, please consult an immigration lawyer or translator. The call center cannot help you complete your DS-160. You will need the ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page to book your appointments.
Create a user account; you will need your passport and for your children who will be traveling on this petition as K2 derivatives.
The system will prompt you to select a passport pickup location and then to pay your visa fee.
Please visit the visa fee page to find the current K visa fee.
You are almost ready to schedule your visa appointment!
After you receive your visa fee receipt number and after you have completed Steps 1 – 4, log back into your profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in and click on continue to enter the fee receipt number and schedule both the appointments.
You will need four pieces of information to schedule your appointment:
- Your passport number
- The visa application fee receipt number.
- The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
- Case Number (Alpha-Numeric, starting from BMB or NWD)
Click on Schedule Appointment on the left-hand side menu. This will start the process for scheduling your appointment. You must schedule two appointments, one for the Visa Application Center and one for the visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
For your Visa Application Centre appointment, you will need to bring:
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with validity dates at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States
- Your DS-160 confirmation page.
- Your appointment confirmation page.
Following your visit to the Visa Application Centre to have your photo and fingerprints taken, you will then visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview. You will need to bring:
- Your DS-160 confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Centre
- Your current and all old passports,
- Your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office
- Medical examination report
- Supporting Documents as per your visa type
Note: Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.
For Immigrant visa applicants:
Regarding preparation for your visa interview please visit below links after scheduling the appointment on the module.
- Interview at Delhi Embassy: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html
- Interview at Mumbai Consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/immigrant_visas.html