Visa Fee Changes
Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa application fees for certain visa categories will change on September 12, 2014. All visa applicants must pay the fee amounts in effect on the day they pay, with the exception of Immigrant Visa application processing fees paid domestically to the National Visa Center (NVC), which will be effective as of the date of billing. Fees that will decrease are not refundable. If you paid a visa fee before September 12, 2014 and that fee decreased, we cannot give you a refund. For fees that will increase (nonimmigrant fees only): Visa fees paid will be accepted 90 days after the new fees go into effect, as follows:
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or before December 11, 2014, you do not have to pay the difference between the new and old fee amounts.
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or after December 12, 2014, you will be required to pay the difference between the old and new fee amounts – no exceptions.
- You may find a full list of U.S. visa fees on the visa fees page. Please note that fees for B1/B2 (business & tourism) as well as F1 student visas have not changed.
Special Notice to Members of Special Olympics Delegation:
The MRV fees (visa application fees) for the members of delegations traveling to the United States for the 2014 Special Olympics Summer Games Invitational and the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games will be waived. Delegation members include athletes, coaches, judges, doctors, and spokespersons. Those requiring visas will need to complete all other visa processing requirements. To apply for a visa as a delegation member for the Special Olympics please contact the call center.
Welcome to the U.S. Visa Information Service for Jordan. On this website you can find information about U.S. immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and the requirements to apply for each. You can also learn how to pay the required visa application fee, and book an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Amman.
This is the official visa information website of the U.S. Mission in Jordan.
Nonimmigrant Visa Information
- Visa Types
- Visa Fees
- Payment Options
- DS-160 Information
- Appointment Wait Times
- Photos and Fingerprints
- Visa Waiver Program
- Security Regulations
Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Apply for a Visa
- Pay My Visa Fee
- Complete My DS-160
- Schedule My Appointment
- Change Document Delivery Address
- Track & Retrieve My Passport
- Apply for Expedited Visa Processing
- Applying for a Visa without an Interview
- Application Pending Further Action
Immigrant Visa Information
Local Visa Programs
- Travel Coordinator
- Group Appointments
- Corporate Visa Program
- Diplomatic and Government Officials
- Visas for Children
- Syrian Applicants