•New Application Fees (August 29, 2014)
Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa application fees for certain visa categories will change on September 12, 2014. All visa applicants must pay the fee amounts in effect on the day they pay, with the exception of Immigrant Visa application processing fees paid domestically to the National Visa Center (NVC), which will be effective as of the date of billing.
Fees that will decrease are not refundable. If you paid a visa fee before September 12, 2014 and that fee decreased, we cannot give you a refund.
Fees that will increase (nonimmigrant fees only): Visa fees paid will be accepted 90 days after the new fees go into effect, as follows:
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or before December 11, 2014, you do not have to pay the difference between the new and old fee amounts.
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or after December 12, 2014, you will be required to pay the difference between the old and new fee amounts – no exceptions.
For more details, please see http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html.
Please review the Payment Options page for new instructions on paying the visa fee. In order to ensure the proper amount is paid and activated in a timely manner, you must log-in to our online system and create a profile to pay the visa.
Document Delivery Notice:
It may cause delay of delivery if the profile details do not match with your passport. Please review the Track and Retrieve My Passport page in order to ensure your passport is delivered in a timely manner.
Welcome to the U.S. Visa Information Service for Japan. On this website you can find information about U.S. immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and the requirements to apply for each. You can also learn how to pay the required visa application fee, and book an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo and the Consulates General in Fukuoka, Naha, Osaka and Sapporo.
This is the official visa information website of the U.S. Mission in Japan.
Nonimmigrant Visa Information
- Visa Types
- Visa Fees
- Bank and Payment Options
- DS-160 Information
- Appointment Wait Times
- Photos and Fingerprints
- Visa Waiver Program
- Security Regulations
- Other Fees
Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Apply for a Visa
- Pay My Visa Fee
- Complete My DS-160
- Schedule My Appointment
- Change Document Delivery Address
- Track and Retrieve My Passport/Visa
- Apply for an Expedited Appointment
- Renew My Visa
- Application Pending Further Action
Immigrant Visa Information
Local Visa Programs
- Travel Coordinator
- Group Appointments
- Diplomatic and Government Officials
- Visas for Children and the Elderly
- U.S. Embassy and Consulates General
- Passport/Visa Collection Locations
- Document Drop-Off Locations
- Bank Locations