Apply for a U.S. Visa
Schedule My AppointmentOverview
Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Citizens of qualified countries may be also able to visit the U.S. without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. If you do not qualify for the Visa Waiver Program or are traveling to study, work, or participate in an exchange program, you must apply for a nonimmigrant visa.
Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the Embassy in Abuja or the Consulate General in Lagos. You must schedule an appointment for that interview, either online using this website or through the call center.Supporting Documents
To schedule a nonimmigrant visa appointment, you must have the following information and documents available:
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
- Your visa application fee payment receipt from GTBank
- Your DS-160 confirmation page
- Valid e-mail address and telephone number
- If applicable, required documents based on visa class (such as a copy of your petition approval for petition-based visas, I-20 for student visas, DS-2019 for exchange visitor visas, etc.; more information about visa types and information about each can be found here).
Applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointments. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay another visa application fee.