Apply for a U.S. Visa
in New Zealand
Changes to Visa Application Fees
Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa application fees for certain visa categories will change on September 12, 2014. All visa applicants must pay the fee amounts in effect on the day they pay, with the exception of Immigrant Visa application processing fees paid domestically to the National Visa Center (NVC), which will be effective as of the date of billing. Fees that will decrease are not refundable. If you paid a visa fee before September 12, 2014 and that fee decreased, we cannot give you a refund. Fees that will increase (nonimmigrant fees only): Visa fees paid will be accepted 90 days after the new fees go into effect, as follows:
• If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or before December 11, 2014, you do not have to pay the difference between the new and old fee amounts.
• If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or after December 12, 2014, you will be required to pay the difference between the old and new fee amounts – no exceptions.
For details, please see http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html
DS-160 & Supporting Documents
An applicant must print and bring a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page together with the supporting documents with him/her when attending the interview at the US Consulate General in Auckland.
If an applicant has opted for drop box, the applicant must include a printed copy of the DS-160 confirmation page together with the supporting documents in the package to be sent to the US Consulate General.
Please note that after an applicant has submitted the online DS-160, he/she will receive the DS-160 confirmation page. If an applicant does not have DS-160 confirmation page and the supporting documents with him/her during the interview, or in the drop box package, the visa application process will be delayed.
Welcome to the U.S. Visa Information Service for New Zealand. On this website you can find information about U.S. immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and the requirements to apply for each. You can also learn how to pay the required visa application fee, and book an interview appointment at the U.S. Consulate in Auckland.
This is the official visa information website of the U.S. Mission in New Zealand.
Nonimmigrant Visa Information
- Visa Types
- Visa Fees
- Bank and Payment Options
- DS-160 Information
- Appointment Wait Times
- Photos and Fingerprints
- Visa Waiver Program
- Security Regulations
- Other Fees
Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Apply for a Visa
- Pay My Visa Fee
- Complete My DS-160
- Schedule My Appointment
- Change Document Delivery Address
- Track & Retrieve My Passport/Visa
- Apply for an Expedited Appointment
- Renew My Visa
- Application Pending Further Action
Immigrant Visa Information
Local Visa Programs
- U.S. Consulate General
- Passport/Visa Collection Locations
- Document Drop-Off Locations
- Bank Locations