Terms and Conditions
On this page:
- Use and Collection of Information
- MRV Fees
- Changes to Procedures and Fees
- Call Center
- Data Collection
- Emergency Appointment
- Group appointment
- Visa Issuance
- Internet-based Transfers
- Other Websites
Use and Collection of Information
The United States (U.S.) Department of State (DoS) contracted CGI to provide general information and administrative services related to U.S. visa applications. The Visa Application Center (VAC) provides support services such as collecting applications and biometric data, assisting with scheduling Embassy or Consulate appointments, and supporting applicants with call center and document delivery services. In order to provide these services, CGI collects personal information including, but not limited to: name, address, date of birth, passport number, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and other data points. All information collected through this service is captured and stored on computer systems maintained in the United States, pursuant to CGI’s contract with DoS.
- MRV fees are non-refundable and may be used for scheduling an appointment within one year from the date of payment.
- The MRV fee may be used for a limited number of appointment reschedules. Once tagged to a profile or used for the initial appointment, the MRV fee cannot be transferred to another applicant.
- MRV fees are paid in local currency and are only valid in the country where the payment was made. MRV fees cannot be transferred to a U.S. Embassy/Consulate outside of the country where the payment was made. In such cases, the applicant will need to purchase a new MRV fee in the country where he/she wishes to apply.
- Payments made using a deposit slip that is past its expiration date, or payments made using fee collection methods and vendors not listed on our website’s Bank and Payment Options page/Pay My Visa Fee page, may cause the following issues:
- Delays in processing the payment
- Underpayments which may require another payment to reach the full amount due
- Problems with processing the payment which may require that the payment be made again
Changes to Procedures and Fees
- The procedures and fees of U.S. Non-Immigrant and Immigrant Visas are outside CGI’s control and are subject to change without notice. CGI does not accept responsibility for any changes in procedures or fees and reserves the right to pass on increases in fees.
- Our call center provides general information in line with U.S. Embassy/Consulate instructions.
- Call center agents cannot provide assistance with completing the DS-160/260 application forms. They also cannot advise applicants on the visa class they should apply for, nor identify specific documents the applicant should present during the interview.
- All phone calls received that support the service may be recorded for quality and training purposes. In such cases, the user(s) will be informed of this practice and its purpose at the start of any such interaction.
- The call center may be reached by phone, email, or chat only via the contact information provided on the website.
CGI processes personal information collected through this website for the purposes of:
- Handling/responding to applicant inquiries and requests
- Processing requests for visa applications and appointments services
- Tracking application progress
- CGI is not responsible for the authenticity or accuracy of the information provided by any applicant. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the information provided to CGI is accurate.
- A request for an emergency appointment can only be made online via the applicant’s profile; by the applicant personally, or by the applicant’s representative acting on their behalf. An emergency appointment may only be requested once per application.
- Emergency requests are subject to Embassy/Consulate approval. Before requesting an emergency appointment, applicants should ensure they have documentary evidence to prove the urgency.
- Cases that may be considered an emergency may include urgent medical care for oneself or for a relative or employer that must be accompanied; a funeral/death; urgent business travel; or students or exchange visitors. Please carefully follow the instructions noted on the Apply for an Expedited Appointment pageof our website.
- A request for a group appointment can only be made online in the group coordinator’s profileand is subject to Embassy/Consulate approval.
- Once it is approved, the group coordinator may schedule the group appointment, but each applicant must complete his/her own Form DS-160 and pay the MRV fee. The time frame in which the group can be scheduled is limited; do not forget to check the expiration date in the notification received by the group coordinator.
The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by the Embassy or Consulate. CGI has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative advice.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data internationally. By browsing this website and communicating electronically with CGI, applicants acknowledge they understand this and agree to CGI processing personal data in this fashion.
The contents of these Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time and users will be subject to terms applicable at the time of usage.