You are here: Home / Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee
Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee
On this page:
Applicants must follow payment instructions very carefully. Payments made incorrectly are non-refundable. Please see the Visa Fees section for more detailed fee information or call the call center with any questions.
Most applicants, including children, are required to pay a Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee to initiate their U.S. visa application. This U.S. Government-mandated fee is a visa processing fee that is payable whether or not a visa is issued.
Applicants should first determine whether or not they require a visa to travel to the United States before submitting their applications.
Certain individuals may not need to pay an MRV fee, for example:
- If you are applying for an A, G, or NATO visa for official travel, you do not need to pay the MRV fee
- If you are applying for a J visa to participate in certain U.S. Government-sponsored programs, you do not need to pay the MRV fee
- Diplomatic passport holders may qualify for a waiver of the MRV fee. Please contact the Embassy to confirm whether you will need to pay the MRV fee or not.
Certain individuals may not need a visa, for example:
- If you already hold a valid visa for your intended purpose of travel, you may not need a visa.
- If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda (but not applying for an A, E, G, K or V visa category), you may not need a visa.
For more information about fee exemptions, please visit this page.
If you do need to apply for a visa, please follow the payment instructions below. Applicants must make a successful payment before they are permitted to schedule their interview appointment. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview.
Once the initial interview is scheduled, applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointment. If you miss your scheduled appointment time, you may be required to pay the MRV fee again in order to schedule another interview. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay an additional visa application fee. Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Instructions to Pay Your Visa fee
In Poland you may pay your visa fee using one of the following options:
- Online Payment with a Debit Card/PolCard
- Online Banking Transfer (applicant’s own bank) or cash at Bank (applicant’s own bank)
- Cash at Bank - Bank Pocztowy
See below for the steps to pay your visa fee:
Log-in to our online applicant system and create a profile. This will ensure the proper amount is paid and activated in timely manner. This page has more information about the different visa application fees.
Click on “New Application/ Schedule Appointment’ option on the left-hand side of your screen. Complete Steps for Visa Type, Post, Visa Category and Visa Class.
Once you are on the Payment screen, click the“Click Here For All Payment Options” link to select your form of payment. To review further payment details read the Fee Payment Options sections below.
Values are shown in U.S. Dollars (USD); however the Fee payable is in Polish zloty (PLN)
The PLN amounts are based on the consular currency exchange rate determined by the U.S. Department of State. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview.
Select the payment option that is most convenient for you and make your payment. When you pay the visa fee, you acknowledge that this is a non-refundable visa application processing fee required as a prerequisite to the processing of an application. It does not indicate the existence of a contract with the applicant, nor does it guarantee a successful application. There is no refund possible regardless of the outcome of this application.
Whichever payment option you choose, you must save your CGI reference number or transaction number. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your CGI reference or transaction number.
Once you pay your visa fee, you can schedule your interview according to the Visa Application Fee Payment Processing Timelines below. Log-in to your profile and complete the Schedule Your Appointment steps with your CGI reference number.
Fee Payment Options
1. PolCard - Online Payment with a Debit Card
The most convenient payment method for your nonimmigrant visa application (NIV) fee is online with a Debit Card/PolCard.
You may combine the individual MRV fee for each application into one payment.
Please note that to be accepted, PolCards must have a VISA/MasterCard logo on the card, and also a CVV number on the back of the card.
If system asks for an ‘issue number’, please input ‘0’.
Remember, we DO NOT accept Credit Cards !
- Once you log into your profile and while on the payment screen, you can select to pay by a Debit Card/PolCard.
- After you pay the visa application fee, print your receipt for your records. Save your receipt with the transaction number. The transaction number will be used to schedule your appointment. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your transaction number.
- You can schedule your appointment immediately.
2. Online Banking Transfer
You may pay your MRV Fee using your online bank account or with Cash at your bank branch. Your bank may apply charges to your account for EFT transactions. If you are applying for multiple visas for your family or group, you may combine the individual MRV fee for each application into one payment.
- After logging into your profile and while on the payment screen, select the online banking transfer option. Your unique CGI reference number will pop-up on the screen. You will use this number when processing your online payment.
- Make only one payment per CGI Reference number as the payment is non-refundable. It is critical that you keep the CGI Reference number that you use to make your online bank transfer. You must have this number as proof of payment in order to schedule your visa interview appointment. It is the applicant's responsibility to save this number.
- Enter your CGI Reference Number in the ‘reference'/reason to transfer/Remitting ID’ field on your online banking funds transfer page. Do not alter the CGI number or include any other information. If you do not include the CGI Reference, your payment will not be recognized.
- Enter the following beneficiary details in your online banking form:
Bank Name: DANSKE BANK
Reference / Reason to transfer: Your CGI Reference Number (DO NOT include any additional information in this field)
Amount: xxx.00 PLN
SWIFT/BIC Code: DABAPLPW
Beneficiary: Stanley Associates Inc.
Address of Beneficiary Bank: Emilii Plater 28, 00-688 Warszawa
You make this payment using your online account or by cash in bank. DO NOT pay in USD, only PLN.
Please Note: If you pay this fee at a third-party bank, you may be charged a fee.
3. Cash (Applicant’s Own Bank)
You can pay your nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application fee in cash at any bank. You may incur charges if you do not choose a third-party bank to where you hold your account. If you are applying for multiple visas for your family or group, only ONE payment is required.
After logging into your profile and while on the payment selection screen, you can select the ‘Cash’ payment Option.
- You will print a deposit slip that will contain a unique CGI reference number which you must include in your cash payment. Please make only one payment per CGI Reference number as the payment is non-refundable.
- To pay the visa fee take the completed deposit slip to your bank. Include your CGI Reference number in the payment deposit information. If you do not include the CGI Reference number or you do not pay the exact PLN amount indicated on the deposit slip, you will not be able to schedule you appointment.
- After receiving your payment, the cashier will give you a receipt. Save your receipt as proof of payment.
DO NOT pay in USD, only PLN.
- If you pay this fee at a third-party bank, you may be charged a fee.
- If you wish to expedite this transfer, you may be charged a fee.
4. Cash at Bank Pocztowy
Any nonimmigrant visa applicant can pay their visa application fee in cash at any full-service Bank Pocztowy branch (placówka). Payments are not accepted at any other sub-branch of the bank (including Urząd Pocztowy, Filia Urzędu Pocztowego and Pocztowe Stanowiska Finansowe. The fee is payable in Polish Złoty (PLN). Before going to a Bank Pocztowy location, you must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip available below on this page. Take the printed deposit slip with you to pay your fee. You will be unable to pay your fee if you are not in possession of a valid deposit slip. To find a Bank Pocztowy branch, please click here.
DO NOT PRINT MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE DEPOSIT SLIP.
You must print a unique deposit slip for each transaction. When making group payments, you MUST download a new deposit slip for each individual applicant. For example, if you have five family members that are applying for a visa, you must bring five different deposit slips to the bank and process five separate transactions to pay the visa fees. You will be unable to pay your fee if you are not in possession of a valid deposit slip.
For security reasons the account number on the deposit slip contains XXX’s instead of the digits. This is normal and the bank will accept this slip as valid.
If you print a deposit slip in advance of the day in which you plan to make your payment, please take note of the expiration date on the deposit slip. If the expiration date passes prior to using the slip to make your payment, simply return to this site and re-click the appropriate link below to generate a new deposit slip. Fee collection agents will NOT accept payments based on expired deposit slips. Upon receipt of your payment, Bank Pocztowy will issue you a receipt. Save your receipt. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.
Select the deposit slip that matches your visa application fee from the list below. Values are shown in U.S. dollars, however payment is made in PLN. This page has more information about the different visa application fees.
Please note that the deposit slips are not compatible with the iPad and will not load correctly using the default Apple .pdf reader. The slips will load correctly on Apple computers if opened using Adobe Reader. If you cannot open or view the deposit slip, please download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. There is no fee to download or use Adobe Reader.
- Deposit Slip - $160 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $190 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $240 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $270 MRV Fee
After you have paid the visa application fee, keep the Bank Pocztowy receipt for your records. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.
Scheduling Your Interview
See the table below for processing timelines.
|Payment Method||Interview Scheduling||Receipt Number for Scheduling Interview|
|Cash at Bank - Bank Pocztowy||After 1200h on the next business day||The receipt number is handwritten under your receipt|
|Cash at Bank (applicant’s own bank)||After 1300h on the next business day (if paid before 1700h, After 1300h on the second business day if the payment is made after 1700h after the next business day after 13:00)||CGI Reference Number|
|Online Banking Transfer (applicant’s own bank)||After 1300h on the next business day (if paid before 1700h, After 1300h on the second business day if the payment is made after 1700h after the next business day after 13:00)||CGI Reference Number|
|Online Payment with a Debit Card/PolCard||Instant||Transaction Number|