Bank and Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee
On this page:
Most applicants, including children, are required to pay a Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee to initiate their U.S. visa application. This US Government-mandated fee is a visa processing fee that is payable whether or not a visa is issued.
The MRV fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Applicants should first determine whether or not they require a visa to travel to the US before submitting their applications.
Examples of individuals that may not require a visa include, but are not limited to:
- If you are applying for an A, G or NATO visa for official travel, you do not need to pay the MRV fee
- If you are applying for a J visa to participate in a U.S. Government-sponsored program, you do not need to pay the MRV fee
Certain individuals may not need a visa, for example:
- If you already hold a valid visa for your intended purpose of travel, you may not need a visa.
- If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda (but not applying for an A, E, G, K or V visa category), you may not need a visa
If you do need to apply for a visa, please follow the instructions below for paying your visa application fee. For more information about fee exemptions, please visit this page.
Remember: Applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointments. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay another visa application fee. Visa application fees are nonrefundable.
Fee Payment Options
TrustPay (Electronic Transfer)
You may pay your MRV Fee using your online bank account using the TrustPay service (Direct Bank Transfer). This payment process can be administered online.
If you would like to check whether your bank participates in TrustPay, please click here.
- After logging into your profile and while on the payment screen, you can select the TrustPay payment option and enter your internet banking details.
- Before your payment is verified, you will receive a CGI Reference Number on screen. Once your payment is verified, you will be redirected to the appointment scheduling page. BE SURE TO KEEP/PRINT your CGI Reference Number. This number is proof of payment and is used to schedule your visa appointment at the Embassy. Your CGI reference number is also available on the statement of payment from your online bank account. Please see the example below.
Cash at Bank
Visa Applicants can pay their application fee in cash at any BRD branch. The fee is payable in Romanian Leu (RON). Before going to a BRD branch location, you must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip available below on this page. Take the printed deposit slip with you to pay your fee. You will be unable to pay your fee if you are not in possession of a valid deposit slip.
If you print a deposit slip in advance of the day in which you plan to make your payment, please take note of the expiration date on the deposit slip. If the expiration date passes prior to using the slip to make your payment, simply return to this site and re-click the appropriate link below to generate a new deposit slip. Fee collection agents will NOT accept payments based on expired deposit slips. Upon receipt of your payment, BRD will issue you a printed receipt. You must save your receipt. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. BRD will be unable to issue a duplicate receipt. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.
Select the deposit slip that matches your visa application fee from the list below. Values are shown in U.S. dollars (but payment is in RON). This page has more information about the different visa application fees. Each applicant must pay the visa application fee using their individual application fee deposit slip generated through the visa application portal. (i.e. a family of four members must present four deposit slips with four different UID codes at BRD).
After you have paid the visa application fee, keep the BRD receipt for your records. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.
Scheduling Your Interview
Whether you schedule your appointment online or contact our call center, you will need the reference number printed on your receipt. You can find the number on the left side of the receipt, under "Referinte client".
The table below shows the fee payment processing time and when you can schedule your interview after paying your application fee.
|Payment Method||Interview Scheduling||Receipt Number for Scheduling Interview|
|Online Bank Transfer(TrustPay)||Immediately after payment online (pending confirmation of transaction by payers bank)||CGI Reference Number|
|Cash at Bank||Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:00 - Five hours after payment||Receipt Number|
|Monday - Thursday 18:00 – 21:00 - 08:00 the next business day|
|Payments made after 18:00 on Friday, Saturday/Sunday - 08:00 the following Monday|
If you have any questions regarding the consular currency exchange rate, please click here, create a profile, and answer five short questions so that we can determine the correct amount you must pay.