Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa application fees for certain visa categories will change on September 12, 2014. All visa applicants must pay the fee amounts in effect on the day they pay, with the exception of Immigrant Visa application processing fees paid domestically to the National Visa Center (NVC), which will be effective as of the date of billing. Fees that will decrease are not refundable. If you paid a visa fee before September 12, 2014 and that fee decreased, we cannot give you a refund. For fees that will increase (nonimmigrant fees only),visa fees paid will be accepted 90 days after the new fees go into effect, as follows:
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or before December 11, 2014, you do not have to pay the difference between the new and old fee amounts.
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or after December 12, 2014, you will be required to pay the difference between the old and new fee amounts – no exceptions.
You may find a full list of U.S. visa fees by clicking here.
Please be advised:
You will NOT be permitted to bring (a) USB Flash Drives, cables, wires, headphones, or any electronic device (with the exception of a mobile phone smaller than 3 cm X 13 cm X 6 cm); (b) anything that can be used as a weapon; or (c) flammable items (including perfume and other sprays); or (d) any large bag such as briefcases, backpacks, suitcases, duffel bags etc. Prohibited items will not be stored by Embassy personnel and applicants may be refused admittance. See the section on Security Regulations for additional guidance.
Welcome to the U.S. Visa Information Service for Russia. On this website you can find information about U.S. immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and the requirements to apply for each. You can also learn how to pay the required visa application fee, and book an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow and the U.S. Consulates General in St. Petersburg, Vladivostok, and Yekaterinburg.
This is the official visa information website of the U.S. Mission in Russia.
Nonimmigrant Visa Information
- Visa Types
- Visa Fees
- Bank and Payment Options
- DS-160 Information
- Appointment Wait Times
- Photos and Fingerprints
- Visa Waiver Program
- Security Regulations
Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Apply for a Visa
- Pay My Visa Fee
- Complete My DS-160
- Schedule My Appointment
- Change Document Delivery Address
- Track & Retrieve My Passport
- Apply for an Expedited Appointment
- Renew My Visa
- Application Pending Further Action