Visas for Applicants under 14On this page:
- Applicants under 14 years old who hold Saudi Arabian passports do not need to appear for an interview.
Parents may apply on behalf of their children who are under 14, but they must submit their children’s application at the time of the parent’s visa interview. Children’s information should be added as “Dependent” on the parent’s profile when scheduling an appointment. For visa application procedures, please follow the instruction at Apply for a Visa.
If one or both of the parents are citizens of Saudi Arabia and have already obtained their visas, they may drop off their children’s applications at the Aramex location. Follow the steps below to submit the packet on behalf of your child.
Note: In some circumstances, the parents of a minor applicant may be requested for an in-person interview at a later date.
How to Apply
Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
Log-in and pay the visa application fee.
Schedule an appointment. You must answer the waiver of interview questions online. If you are eligible to apply for a visa without an interview, you will print out the “Child Visa Drop-Off cover letter” which you will include with your visa application to be mailed.
You will need three pieces of information in order to register online:
- Your passport number
- The receipt number from your SAMBA Bank receipt. (Click here if you need help finding this number)
- The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page starting with letters AA.
Take the following documents to the Aramex Location:
- Child Visa Drop-off cover sheet
- Child's own passport
- If the child has a valid US visa in an old or expired passport, please submit the passport with the valid US visa
- 5x5cm photo of child with eyes open (if uploaded into DS-160, photos must be a .jpg between 600x600 and 1200x1200 pixels, less than 240kb, and cannot be digitally altered)
- A completed DS-160 form
- Visa Fee Receipt from SAMBA Bank
- Birth certificate
- A copy of the valid visa or passport of both parents, OR a passport copy from the non-traveling parent with a letter stating no objection to the child's travel. Parents are reminded that they do not have to bring children holding Saudi citizenship under 14 to a visa interview. Parents are encouraged to use the drop box option for applications of children under 14 when at least one parent already has a valid visa.
- If one parent is a US citizen, please include all dates of US citizen parent's physical presence in the United States AND a copy of a Consular Report of Birth (CRBA) denial letter OR an affidavit from a US Embassy or Consulate General stating that the US citizen parent is unwilling or unable to obtain the documents required to transmit citizenship to the child
- For children of students (F2): a copy of the child's I-20
Aramex delivers your documents to the U.S. Embassy without any additional cost.
When the U.S. Embassy is ready they will hand over your documents to Aramex. Aramex returns your documents and your passport to you at your chosen document pick-up location.
Processing of your application may take up to 5 business days. Please note that we reserve the right to request a personal interview.
Parents of applicants under 14 years old who are holders of passports from countries other than Saudi Arabia (i.e. who are passport holders of another country) are required to appear for an interview on behalf of the child and should bring supporting documents. These appointments should be scheduled in the name of the child on the regular visa appointment website. They are not eligible to drop off the application at Aramex.
Children born in the US (with very few exceptions) are US citizens and would not be eligible for a visa. Children born abroad to US citizen parent(s) may be eligible for citizenship via the Report of Birth Abroad process, and we encourage parents to complete this application process.