Renew My Visa
Repeat travelers to the United States may, under some circumstances, renew their visas without appearing at the U.S. Embassy for an interview. If you meet the program qualifications, you will be able to drop off your visa application at a courier office location. Applicants with incorrect or incomplete applications will be contacted to appear at the U.S. Embassy for a visa interview.
If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, you may qualify for our Interview Waiver “Drop-Box” Program. If so, you will not need to schedule an appointment for an interview at the U.S. Embassy. Please login, create your profile, proceed with your DS-160 online Visa Application, and print 2 copies of the Drop-Box submission letter. Drop off your passport along with the listed documents mentioned on the submission letter at one of the two Aramex courier locations.
**Please note: if you answer YES to the below questions, but are found to be ineligible for Drop-Box service, there will be a delay in the scheduling of your visa interview. Please read all eligibility criteria carefully.
Eligibility Criteria for Drop-Box Applicants:
- I have a previous U.S. visa in the same category as the visa for which I wish to renew;
- All 10 fingerprints were captured at a previous interview;
(Note: Most U.S. Embassies and Consulates did not start collecting 10 fingerprints before July 1, 2007. If your previous visa was issued before this date you may not have submitted 10 fingerprints, and are not eligible for this program);
- I am either a citizen of Singapore, or a permanent resident of Singapore, in possession of a valid re entry permit., or
- holding either:
- Long Term Pass; or
- Employment Pass; or
- Student Pass
- My prior visa was for full validity (to determine whether your previous visa was for full validity, please consult the Reciprocity Table
- My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”;
- My passport which contained the U.S. visa of which I am seeking to renew was not lost or stolen;
- My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday;
- I have had no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance;
- If I am applying for a B1/B2 or J visa, my prior visa in the same classification is still valid or expired within the last 12 months; OR
- If I am applying for a C1D, my prior visa in the same classification is still valid or expired within the last 12 months;
- If I am applying for an F or M visa, my prior visa in the same classification (and for same academic institution) is still valid or expired within the last 48 months (Note: F/M visa interview applicants must submit their original I-20 form with their passports. J visa interview waiver applicants must submit their original DS-2019 form with their passports), OR
- If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa (in the same classification with the same petitioner) is still valid, or it expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.
- E1 and E2 visa holders do NOT qualify for Drop-Box submissions.
Please Note: Using the Drop-Box service does not guarantee visa issuance. In some cases, you may be required to appear for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy. If you submit an incomplete and/or inaccurate application, photographs with eyeglasses, or if you do not meet the criteria listed above, we will contact you to provide a new photo without eyeglasses or schedule an interview, which may affect your travel plan. You should submit your application well in advance of your planned travel to allow for the possibility that a visa interview will be necessary.
How to Apply
Pay the visa application fee associated with your visa.This webpage lists all visa fees associated with the most common nonimmigrant visa types.
Please note: If reciprocity fees are required, please do not pay the fee until you are notified by the Embassy. You will be contacted when your visa is approved.
Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form. After completing the form, print and save your confirmation page.
Register an account on this webpage. Please answer the qualifications questions carefully.
If you qualify for Drop-Box submission, you will receive a Drop-Box submission letter containing a document checklist. Print two copies of the Drop-Box submission letter. Drop off your passport along with the listed documents mentioned on the submission letter at one the two Aramex courier locations. Please remember to include:
- Your current or most recent visa
- Your current passport
- If you are a Singapore permanent resident, please provide a copy of your permanent resident card and valid re-entry permit
- Copy of relevant pass (Long Term, Employment or Student)
- One copy of the Drop-Box letter (**Please note: every applicant must submit their own individual Drop Box Confirmation Letter)
- One photograph taken within the last six months (conforming to the guidelines here). In the vast majority of cases, YOU MAY NOT SUBMIT THE SAME PHOTOGRAPH THAT APPEARED ON YOUR LAST VISA. Failure to submit a valid photograph will delay the processing of your case.
- Supporting documentation required for your visa type (for information on the supporting documents required for your visa type, please review the requirements for your visa type on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/sg/sg-niv-visatypeinfo.asp
- Children applying through the Drop-Box program should submit photocopies of their parents’ visas, along with a copy of his/her birth certificate.
- DS-160 Confirmation Page
**Please be sure that all of the above items are included in your Drop-Box application. Failure to include all requested items – including a new photo and new DS-160 application - will result in the delay of your application.
Please deliver your documents for Drop-Box service at one of the two Aramex courier locations.
If additional information is needed in order to finish processing your case, you will be informed by email. If your application is approved, your passport and visa will be made available for pickup or delivered to the location you specified when you filed your application. Details on passport pickup and delivery options are available on this webpage