Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


A-1, A-2, and G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

A and G applications should be sent directly to the Embassy with a diplomatic note through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If you are qualified for a G-4 visa, you may submit your application together with supporting documents from your organization. There are no fees for official visas. Applications can be submitted Fridays from 7:45 – 10:00 AM. Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this site, as it will not be refunded.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.