Apply for a U.S. Visa
Retrieve My Passport
On this page:
Once your visa is approved, your passport/document will be returned to you in the manner you have opted.
Track Your Passport
To track your passport/document, please send an email to email@example.com using the email address that you have registered in your profile when you created the profile in our system wherein your visa application is linked to. In your email, please indicate that you are tracking the status of your visa application and provide the following information:
- Applicant’s name;
- Applicant’s passport number;
- Applicant’s date of birth;
- Date of interview, OR, if you have applied via interview waiver, an indication of the date of submission.
Collecting Your Passport/Visa
- The applicant may pick up his/her passport/document at the U.S. Embassy in Suva, Fiji, from Mondays to Thursday (except U.S. & Fiji public holidays) between 3.00 pm and 4.00 pm. Please check here for holidays and closure dates;
- The applicant provides a pre-paid self-addressed courier bag when he/she attends his/her interview at the U.S. Embassy OR if an applicant is applying for his/her U.S. visa via interview waiver, please include a pre-paid self-addressed envelope in the interview waiver package; or
- The applicant provides freight forward self-addressed courier bag when he/she attends his/her interview at the U.S. Embassy OR if an applicant is applying for his/her U.S. visa via interview waiver, please include the self-addressed courier bag in the interview waiver package.
Please ensure that the pre-paid courier bag is of the correct delivery cost and size that will fit the documents you are providing in support of your U.S. visa application.
To collect your passport/document from the U.S. Embassy in Suva, Fiji, you must present your original (not a photocopy) government-issued photo ID. We recommend you also bring a printed copy of your appointment letter.
If a representative is collecting or receiving your passport on your behalf - even in case of family members - the representative must present:
- His / Her own original government-issued photo ID for identification
- A photocopy of your government-issued photo ID
- A letter of authority, signed by you, authorizing your representative to collect your passport / document. The letter of authority must contain the following information:
- Your representative's full name as shown on his / her government-issued photo ID
- Letter must also contain all your personal information including passport number, full name and if possible UID number which can be found in your profile when you login to schedule appointment
If the applicant is under the age of 16, the following documents are required:
- An original, signed letter of authority from either of the applicant's parents
- A clear photocopy of the government-issued photo ID belonging to the parent who signed the applicant's letter of authority
- The representative's original government-issued photo ID
Note: In case of a group/family, a single letter of authority with the required information for each of the applicants will be accepted.