Fiancé Visas

On this page:


The fiancé K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Because a fiancé visa permits the holder to travel to the United States and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants may receive K-2 visas.


The U.S. citizen sponsor must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, with the USCIS Dallas Lockbox. Further information is available on the USCIS website under Fiancé Visas. Note: Form I-129F cannot be filed at a U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or USCIS office abroad.

If USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing, and NVC will send it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa.

U.S. Consulate General Appointment

Once the U.S. Consulate General receives the petition from NVC, the applicant will receive instructions on how to schedule their interview appointment at the U.S. Consulate General.

K visa applicants must complete the DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application online at this website.

Fee Payment

Each applicant for a K-1 or K-2 visa must pay the non-refundable visa fee of HK$ 2,120. The fees can be paid online with a credit card or debit card, or at any 7-11 shops in Hong Kong.  If your payment for visa fee is at a 7-11 shop in Hong Kong, you must first obtain a proper pay statement which can be done on-line at or through our call center (+852 5808 4666). Applicants should be sure to identify themselves as "K" visa applicants.

More information

For more information on fiancé visas, please visit the State Department's website