Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


A, G, and NATO visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States.  Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States.  There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G, or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

Applications for A, G and NATO visas may be submitted directly to the Consulate General.  Please contact us in advance by using our Visa Inquiry Form at https://hk.usconsulate.gov/visas/visa-inquiry-form/. All A, G and NATO visa applications must be accompanied by accredited diplomatic missions in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region a diplomatic note or, for international organizations, an official letter requesting the issuance of a G visa.   Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this website, as it will not be refunded.

More Information

For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.