Petitioning for an Immigrant Visa

The Immigrant Unit in Kuala Lumpur accepts I-130 petitions for immediate relative immigrant classification from American Citizens who are resident in Malaysia. To demonstrate residency, the American Citizen petitioner must be able to show permission to reside in Malaysia (e.g. Malaysian passport or ID card, , an Employment Pass, Dependent's Pass, or other evidence of permanent status) and must have been resident in Malaysia for at least six months before filing the petition. American citizens who are in Malaysia on temporary status, such as students or tourists, do not meet the residency standard and must file their petitions directly with the domestic United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office having jurisdiction over the American citizen's place of residence. For further information please click here.