Diplomats, Government Representatives, Embassy Personnel, and NATO Personnel


A-1, A-2, and G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

For more information please consult with your government or agency’s administrative office responsible for visa issues. Do not pay an MRV fee through this site, as it will not be refunded. You can also visit the Department of State website for additional information on Diplomatic and Official visas

(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/visas-diplomats.html#how) or contact the Embassy/Consulate directly.

For more information on A and G visas, please visit the Department of State website at:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/visas-diplomats.html - A visa

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/visa-employees-nato.html - G visa