Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


A-1, A-2, and G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

Applications for A-1, A-2, G-1, and G-2 visas for Panamanian nationals must be submitted to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Panama. Third country national applications for A-1, A-2, G-1, and G-2 visas may be submitted by courier to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section from accredited diplomatic missions in Panama. A diplomatic note must accompany all A-1, A-2, G-1, and G-2 visa applications.

Applications for G-4 visas may be submitted directly to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section. All G-4 visa applications must be accompanied by an official letter requesting the issuance of a G visa, and most for United Nations (UN) agencies also require a cable from UN Headquarters.

Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this site for any A or G visas (including A-3 and G-5 domestic /personal employees of official and diplomatic A and G visa holders or applicants), as it will not be refunded.

More Information

For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or organization's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.