Submitting 221(g) Documents

On this page:


The U.S. Embassy/Consulate may give you a 221(g) letter directing you to submit additional documents or information related to your visa application. Your application will be kept on hold at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate until you submit those documents.

All documents and information requested in a 221(g) letter should be submitted at the nearest LBC document collection office within one year from the date you received the 221(g) letter. Failure to submit the required information within one year will result in the suspension of your visa application. You will be required to submit a new visa application and pay all associated fees in order to continue with your visa application process.

How to Submit 221(g) Documents

    Step 1

    Download and print a 221(g) submission slip. You must take this slip to the LBC document collection office when you drop-off your documents for delivery to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

    Step 2

    Go to the nearest LBC document collection office. Take your 221(g) submission slip, the 221(g) letter given to you at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate, and all documents requested in your 221(g) letter.

    Step 3

    Deliver your documents and the 221(g) submission slip to the LBC document collection office. LBC will give you a copy of your airway bill as a receipt for your documents.

    Step 4

    LBC will deliver your documents to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

    Step 5

    LBC will return your documents and your passport to you at your chosen document delivery address. If issued, your passport will contain your visa. You may also receive a new 221(g) letter.