Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


Visa for official travel (A and G category) may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States and there are very specific requirements.

Applications for official visas may be submitted directly to the U.S. Embassy between the hours of 2:00pm-4:00pm Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.  These applications must be accompanied by a diplomatic note or, for international organizations, an official letter requesting the issuance of an official visa. Do not pay a visa application fee in advance, as it will not be refunded.

For questions related to official/diplomatic travel, you may contact us at: AlgerNIV@state.gov

More Information

For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.