Form DS-160 Information
On this page:
- All applicants must fill out a new Form DS-160 for every new application for a U.S. visa. All previously submitted DS-160 forms cannot be used for a new visa interview.
- Using a barcode number from the DS-160 that is not submitted to schedule an interview appointment will result in appointment cancellation.
- The barcode number on the DS-160 Confirmation page that visa applicants bring on their interview dates must be exactly the same one used to schedule the appointment. Failure to present the DS-160 Confirmation page with the same barcode number that you used for scheduling your appointment will result in the cancellation of your visa interview appointment.
- Correction of the DS-160 confirmation number after you have scheduled an appointment is available until two business days before your visa interview. To correct the number, please log in to your profile, and select “Update profile” or contact the call center for assistance. If your DS-160 confirmation number is not corrected before two business days prior to your appointment, your interview will be cancelled, and you will have to reschedule your interview appointment.
Each applicant, including children, must have their own Form DS-160 visa application. The Form DS-160 must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The barcode number on the Form DS-160 confirmation page is required in order to book your interview. The Form DS-160 must be submitted online. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will not accept handwritten or typed applications and you will not be permitted to attend your interview without a Form DS-160 confirmation page.
When you sign your DS-160 electronically, you are certifying that all the information contained in it is true and correct. Misrepresenting any facts could render you ineligible to enter the United States. Please double-check that all your answers are accurate and that every question is answered completely.
Note: Any inquiries on completing the DS-160 can be addressed on the following website. We are unable to answer any questions or provide guidance on this process.
Guidelines for Completing the Form DS-160
Complete and submit your Form DS-160 after reviewing the nonimmigrant visa application process. You must submit your DS-160 application online prior to making an appointment for an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
- The Embassy or Consulate you select at the beginning of the Form DS-160 must be the same Embassy or Consulate where you schedule your interview appointment.
- You should use the Vietnamese-language video guide to help complete the DS-160. All questions must be answered in English using English-language characters only, except when you are asked to provide your full name in your native alphabet.
- You are required to upload a photograph taken within the last six months as a part of the DS-160 process. Detailed guidelines for taking and submitting a quality photograph are on the U.S. Department of State website here. *Starting November 1 2016, applicants are not permitted to wear eyeglasses in photos.
- If you stop working on this application for more than 20 minutes, your session will expire. You will have to start over, unless you have recorded your Application ID Number or have saved your application to a file on your computer. Write down the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page. If you need to close the browser before submitting your application, you will need this Application ID to continue your application.
- The completed Form DS-160 application form will generate an alpha-numeric barcode confirmation page. Print this page. The printed confirmation page is required for the interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Once you have printed the barcode confirmation page, hit the "Back" button on your web browser and then email yourself a backup copy of the DS-160. The emailed file will be in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat to view or print.
Any inquiries on completing the DS-160 can be addressed on the following website. We are unable to answer any questions or provide guidance on this process.
The Form DS-160 is online here.