Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


A-1, A-2, C-3, and G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon the purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

Applications for A-1, A-2, C-3, and G-1 through G-4 visas may be submitted to the U.S. Embassy Hanoi’s or Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City’s Consular Section. Please refer to the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam’s website for information on eligibility for A, C-3 or G visas and the application process.

Important Notice: A, C-3 and G visa applicants are exempt from paying visa application fees. Please do not pay the visa application fee through this site as it can not be refunded.

More Information

For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.