Apply for a U.S. Visa
in the Philippines
Apply for an Emergency AppointmentOverview
If you have to travel to the U.S. for an emergency, you may qualify for an expedited appointment. Please be aware that requests for Emergency Appointments are processed only during business hours. Requests received after hours, on weekends or on embassy holidays will be processed the following business day.Qualifications
It is essential that you possess all required documentation for your desired visa type before you make this request. Please be aware that false statements about the need for an emergency appointment may adversely affect the credibility of your case during the visa interview.
Purpose of travel is to obtain emergency medical care, or to accompany a relative or employer for emergency medical care.
- A letter from your doctor in the Philippines describing the medical condition and why you are seeking medical care in the United States.
- A letter from the physician or hospital in the United States indicating that they are prepared to treat the case and providing the approximate cost of the treatment.
- Evidence of how you will pay for the cost of the treatment.
Purpose of travel is to attend to an immediate family member (mother, father, brother, sister, child, grandparent or grandchild) who has suddenly fallen seriously ill or had an accident in the United States.
- A letter from the physician or hospital confirming and describing the illness or injury.
- Evidence that the sick or injured person is an immediate relative.
Purpose of travel is to attend the funeral of or make arrangements for repatriating the body of an immediate family member (mother, father, brother, sister, child, grandparent, or grandchild) in the United States.
- A letter from the funeral director stating the contact information, the details of the deceased and the date of the funeral.
- You must also present evidence that the deceased is an immediate relative.
The purpose of travel is to attend to a business matter where the travel requirement could not be predicted sufficiently in advance. Most business travel is not considered an emergency. Please explain why travel plans could not be made in advance.
- A letter from the corresponding company in the United States and from the Philippine company attesting to the urgency of the planned visit, describing the nature of the business and the loss if an emergency appointment is not available.
- Evidence of a necessary training program in the United States of three months duration or less, to include letters from both the Philippine employer and the U.S. company providing the training. Both letters should include a detailed explanation of the training and explain why either the U.S. or Philippine company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an emergency appointment is not available.
The purpose of travel is to return to the U.S. to attend classes or resume working in a timely manner. We expect students and temporary workers to make every effort to schedule regular appointments during their planned stays in the Philippines. However, in limited cases, the Embassy will consider emergency appointments for these types of travel. A list of documentary requirements for students and temporary workers can be found on the U.S. Embassy Manila website.Applying for an Emergency Appointment
Pay the visa application fee.Step 2
Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.Step 3
Request an emergency appointment by completing the online Emergency Request Form. If you require assistance with this form, call the call center. Please be sure to note the type of emergency you believe qualifies you for an emergency appointment. Once you have submitted your request, please wait for a response from the Embassy, which will come via email.Step 4
If the Embassy approves your request then you will receive an email with a code which allows you to schedule your emergency appointment online. Please understand that the call center cannot schedule your emergency appointment for you, but agents are able to assist you if questions arise. Should the Embassy deny your request for an emergency appointment, you will be notified of the denial by email and you will have to schedule your appointment on the earliest available date.
Note: The email confirming or denying your request will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Some email applications have rules which filter unknown senders into a spam or junk mail folder. If you have not received your email notification, please look for the message in your junk and spam email folders.Step 5
Visit the U. S. Embassy in Manila on the date and time of your interview. Bring all required documents with you.