Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


A, G, and NATO visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G, or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

All official visas (A1, A2, G1-G4, NATO) must be submitted directly to the Embassy’s drop box (located at the main gate) and must be accompanied by a diplomatic note from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this site, as it will not be refunded.

A-3 or G-5 visa applicants (attendants, domestic, or personal employees of persons in A-1 through A-2 or G-1 through G-4 visa status) must schedule an appointment through this site as they require a personal interview with a consular officer and electronic collection of fingerprints. They do not require payment of a visa application fee.

More Information

For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.